I have implemented 5 separate blockchain so far to discover how to best build truth coin.
1) Basiccoin is a proof of work blockchain written in python. It has an advanced difficulty retargeting algorithm.
2) augur-core is a proof of work blockchain on top of basiccoin that implements a simple version of truth coin
3) slasher is a proof of stake blockchain written in python.
4) FlyingFox is a proof of stake blockchain written in elixir that has some parts of truth coin.
5) flying fox is a blockchain written in erlang that implements the lightning network. It has a scripting language that will allow us to write truth coin bets off-chain, and even judge the outcome of bets off-chain. It has a new proof of stake method optimized for the lightning network.